Attention Mart Graduates:
Please spread the word about the Patsy Baker Wren Mart Panther Scholarship. This scholarship is intended for students who are half way through an undergraduate degree.
More about the scholarship:
Patsy Baker Wren is a proud member of Mart High School’s class of 1957. She attended Mart schools throughout her 12 years of public education. Upon her graduation from Baylor University, Patsy taught for 29 years. She was a member of the teaching staff at Riesel, Marlin, and Mexia ISDs before her retirement. This scholarship is established by her children to recognize and honor her commitments and sacrifices in order to ensure their educations. The scholarship award of at least $2,500 per year is intended for college students who have completed at least half of any under-graduate requirements towards a degree plan.
Applicants should fill out the form found here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdOd2GFH2b7IyOdWv3785Z59_6nYHI-FB1UIlHG_5hoIHJr4Q/viewform?usp=sf_link
SELECTION CRITERIA: A scholarship committee within Mart ISD shall select one recipient for the award each year. The following criteria will be used in the selection process.
A recipient must:
(1) Be a graduate of Mart High School located in Mart, Texas.
(2) Have attended schools within the Mart ISD for at least 4 years.
(3) Have completed at least half of any undergraduate requirements towards a degree plan.
(4) Be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in good standing and enrolled in a Texas-based non-profit institution of higher education.
(5) Have and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.75 as a full-time student during the previous school year.
(6) Preference shall be given to any student meeting the above criteria who has at least one parent who is an employee within Mart ISD.
(7) Alternatively, this scholarship may be awarded to any employee of Mart ISD who is pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in education or administration so long as that employee has been employed by the district for at least 4 consecutive years. If awarded to a Mart ISD employee, the recipient must take at least 6 hours per semester. Financial need will be a consideration but not a determining factor. The scholarship is a one-year award. A recipient may receive this scholarship in subsequent years but must reapply each year and be selected as the best candidate.
For more information, contact high school counselor, Robyn Urive, at firstname.lastname@example.org.